Friday, March 22, 2013

Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Challenge

Hi everyone, I'm back with another project that really made me happy.  Tim Holtz put up this challenge on his *BLOG* using his tattered floral die from sizzix.  I got such a great deal on both flowers and leaves from Joann's, they were 20 bucks for both!  That made me decide to join in.  If they weren't on sale I would've just been a bystander :)  Any way, I thought really hard about what I would do and I decided on doing an altered canvas, this is my very first one!

I have seen so many of these on the web and I have really liked the look of them, so while pondering I decided to give it a go for this challenge.  I think it came pretty good for my first shot.  Here are the pics -















































I used my glimmermist on the canvas, then just layered all my elements bit by bit.  I made the flowers out of white cardstock with this awesome bunch of adjectives printed on it, that's it above.  I think the words describe me. In this last pic and maybe the one above you can see I used crackle paint in rock candy.  The butterflies I covered with a bit of white paint then barn door distress stain.  Of course NO project of mine is complete without some stickles, hence the title "shine brite" and yes, I know it's not spelled right ;)  After cutting and giving a slight distress to the letters I dipped them in my Utee, man I love that stuff! Mod podge and some inking on my lace along with my rhinestone bling and voila.

The prize is a package valued at $175 bucks!  Woohoo, I would love that!  Hope you like it :)

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! I love the bling, the butterflies, those flowers and how you made them out of paper that's all about you! Very clever.
    Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula - that is gorgeous! Love the more vibrant colors that you used on your canvas - you should do more of these. Good luck on winning the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Paula! Love the gradient of color!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails