Monday, June 11, 2012

Little Darlings

This Saturday was my friend Bonnie's baby shower.  She's having a little boy on the 22nd and is over the moon since her and her husband have been trying for quite a while to add to their family of 2.  Their son Will was in Santino's kindergarten class, he's 8 now, and their daughter is going in 5th.  I made her a G45 Little Darling mini inside an altered cigar box.  I have to say, I think this is the best thing I have made so far!  Here are the pics -

This is an actual cigar box.  John ordered me some empty ones from a cigar company online and I have a very diverse selection.  Some are really nice.  I fussy cut the mom, baby, and the banner from the 12x12 sheet.  Then I mod podged the music sheet from the 8x8 pad I had on the top and some of the border pieces on the sides, glued the mom and baby and the banner over it, made my roses and vines and leaves hot gluing them on as well.  Inside the box, I painted it baby blue, mod podged the cute little boy that I fussy cut from the same 12x12, stamped the corners.  I glued an 8x8 paper on the top inside cover and then some of the fussy cuts from my big sheet.





The mini itself was made from envelopes, the cover from thicker chipboard.  All the embellies are from the G45 Little Darlings line, their chipboard, a sticker sheet their 8x8 paper pad and some 12x12 sheets.  I had some blue ribbon, some baby blue brads, and my stickles and glimmer mist to finish.  I made tags to go into the pockets decorating them in various ways, from masking to embossing with my big shot.  Here are the pics -















 















Everyone at the shower was gaga, it got passed around to every lady that was there.  They told me to hurry up and open my booth!

This paper is beyond beautiful.  They are just an amazing company!  I actually won a great package from their Re-Pin it to win it contest on Pinterest a week ago.  I got an ABC Primer 8x8 pad, their metal staples, chipboard, just awesome.

I"m going to do another video showing the graduate albums I'm making for the local h.s.  it is a trial and error learning process about what should be included, what adhesives work best, etc.

On a side note, my daughter Victoria entered John in the Best Dad contest.  He was winning all along by 20-30 votes till today.  Now it is neck and neck him by 1 John by 1back and forth.  If you could go here -

*BEST DAD CONTEST*  and like it then vote today tomorrow and Wednesday, I'd appreciate it greatly.  You can unlike it once it's over :)

Thanks so much for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Paula that album is absolutely gorgeous. You always do such beautiful work; however, I think this one is the BEST evah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty it came MOM! It really may be the best thing you ever made! I have no doubt you could make big bucks with those puppies!! And everyone please, please, PLEASE vote for my dad! He just really deserves this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was really nice Vic. I gotta keep pumping them out. Dad says what happens if you sell everything in one night?!

      Delete
    2. OMG I didn't even think of that! LOL I guess you would have to pump out a bunch more in a week!

      Delete
  3. A beautiful gift Paula! You should be proud of it.... and how could they not all love it! I love the tags and all the extra little touches!
    I voted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful, Paula! G45 has such wonderful products, but they're tricky to work with. You've definitely got a knack for it!
    I voted too, good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for voting Court :) Ya know what's really tricky, getting past that fear of cutting into g45 paper ;)

      Delete
  5. I absolutely adore that line of paper! Beautiful album, and I love the way you made a matching box to put it in!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails