Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Banner

For Des' shower I made her a banner which spelled out her name that I hung above the table she and her bridesmaids shared.  I love the way it came, and I used cereal boxes as the base and then glued my paper over it so it has some substance.  We have cereal up the wazoo here so saving the boxes beats buying chipboard hands down!  It's the right thickness for the cricut and I no longer have the cutting issues with it.  One thing, make sure it's trimmed properly so that it doesn't hang over the tacky part of the cutting mat or the guide wheels on the bug will get knocked askew by the board and it'll mess up the blade alignment on the 2nd pass, then setting the multi-cut to 3 and you're good to go.  I used my lost and found paper, I believe the musical notes was 7 gypsies but not 100%, some tulle and various lacy material that I glimmer misted as well as some Tim Holtz embellies and other knick knacks from my stash and viola!

Here are some pics -






















































I also made the favors, double heart bookmarks with some DCWV paper I had in my stash.

















I put the bookmarks in clear cellophane bags with purple swirly lollipops.  I was happy with how it all came.
*******

A little cricut cutting mat resticking tip.  I googled this and found a video on you tube.  I find this works better than zig, or spray adhesive, I've tried many different things and at one point had to just trash the mat.  I've done it twice now, had to since when I made her invites there was glitter aaaaall over the darned mat so it needed to be scrubbed then resticked...hmm new word there :)  I picked up the Aleene's tack-it over and over at Michael's and just followed the instructions in the video, make sure you do comdition your mat like she says so your paper doesn't stick heavily and tear when you try to remove it.  Take a peek, I don't think you'll ever buy another mat unless you absolutely demolish it.


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails