Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Is Slowly Sprunging

The weather here has been just beautiful. I love the spring, not to hot, not to cold. Just right. The kids have been on spring break the past 2 weeks, we've gone to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid, which was very funny. The kids are enjoying being home. I can't believe Sunday is already Palm Sunday. Time is just flying. The kids only have 2 1/2 months of school left. Their last day is June 10th

I have finished a wonderful book my Mom bought me. It's called Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. It's chick lit about a group of ecclectic woman who have formed a bond through their knitting club. They meet each week and one is more different than the next. The store owner is Georgia Walker, a single mom of a pre-teen girl named Dakota. The book takes you through the different tribulations of each's life, with the main focus being Georgia. Very bittersweet. A nice light read and I recommend it.


I am now reading Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews which is actually a husband/wife author team. The lead character is Kate Daniels. She is a mercenary of the paranormal type. She goes out and kicks booty!! There are vamps and shifters, she possesses magic, and when her guardian is killed, she vows to catch the killer. I like it so far, even though they are world building like in Dead Witch Walking, I find their writing style smoother and more enjoyable. I can 't wait to see what happens.

For those of you who have laptops, or even regular pc's, Amazon has a kindle app for mac's and your pc, scroll down to the bottom of the page past the description for the regular kindle and get yourself set up. You can download it for free and read books right on your puter! If you have a lap top, you can sit on your couch nice and read books. There are soooo many free books out there too!

Here are a couple more pics of my Baseball Boy Santino. While he may be small he is so into playing, and he does real well as pitcher and first base. He knows just what he's supposed to do!

I have to get cracking on my tag for Serene's cj, it will be in the vein of the layout which was unusual doings. Next up is Emma's cj, subject being top 3 actors. I am stoked, got their pics all chosen and ready to go!! When I post Emma's I'll put up the tags as well. Have a great weekend, find a good book and read ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thanks for the reviews! Might have to check out that knitting club book...kind of sounds like our group of scrappers!
    Love the pics of Santino...what a cutie in his baseball uniform!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails