Saturday, January 30, 2010

Give Me Your Eyes

This is my very first challenge! I did this layout for Scrapping To The Music! The whole challenge is based on a song of the week. This weeks song was Give Me Your Eyes. I loved doing it. I used my cricut for the corner piece, the title and the florish under the title. Also to cut the patterned paper out. The matting for Santino's pics I used Tim Holtz distress inks and then glimmer misted away for a really pretty marbling effect.

Guess what, I missed the deadline, Ha!!! I thought it was mountain time and it was central so I was off by an hour. There I was in my kitchen just creating away and low and behold I made a booboo :p Oh well, I'm going to share this layout along with card I made today. Let me just say, my blood is boiling right now because I messed up and I really would like to scream, but I'll count to 10 and just continue with my posting....Oh and to hear the song, go to my playlist and click on # 72


He really does have some expressive eyes! I have so many photos of him with some of the greatest faces thanks to the eyes he gives. He was still a baby here, my boy is growing fast.

I made a few of these cards as thank you's and the final card swap I needed to get out, sorry Court *wiping egg off of face*. I used my stampin up stamp which I think is very elegant, did some light stickling to enhance and I stamped the inside too. They came nice.




Next week I WILL get my piece in on time!! Hope you like what I did.

On another note, today was Victoria's 29th birthday! Amazing, I have a child that will be 30 next year, and tomorrow is my husband's birthday. We'll be celebrating both on his day. The older kids all went for sushi and I watched the granddaughters. They brought me home some and didn't tell me till I ate it, that I consumed eel!!!! Aaaahhhh, but it was good ;) My 18 yr old son is a wisenhoofer. He kept saying, "Mom ya still have one here, hurry up and eat it." Should of guessed something was up. I also made a cheesecake, since that's what Victoria wanted for her cake, and dinner will be fried shrimp, scallops, and fettucine alfredo, yum yum yummy!


5 comments:

  1. Just love your layout!What a beautiful photo and I love that glimmermist and the colors!
    Thank you so much for joining us at STM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty, Paula. So what if you missed the deadline? You created a great layout, and I'm sure you won't miss it again. :) Great card too, I love that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, those eyes, that face. I just want to eat him up. He's too cute, P. Great work on the projects, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a little darling! Too bad you missed the deadline, but glad you got such a nice lo out of the experience anyways!
    No worries about the card. I still owe one to Joy. Eeek! Guess I gotta get my butt in gear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what eyes...and what a boy. Great layout. Love the card, it's so elegant, beautiful

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails